How to Create an FTP Connection
The following directions are for the FileZilla FTP
client. Though, any client that supports secure FTP will work.
- Visit the FileZilla homepage at
- From the homepage,
click "Download FileZilla Client"
- Choose "Download" from the pop-up. Please
note, you do not need FileZilla Pro.
- Finally, click "Download FileZilla Client"
- Please run the file after it has
- For Internet Explorer, look for the
download bar at the bottom-center of your browser window. Click Run.
- For Google Chrome, look for the
download notification in the lower-left corner of your browser window.
Click the icon, or click the arrow, then Open.
- Proceed through the installer
- Launch the FileZilla Client icon from your
Start Menu or Desktop
information, provided from
www.efrecovery.com when you created your FTP account
... then click Quickconnect
Use the site manager to permanently
store the connection information to for quicker access later.
- On your first connection you may see a
security pop-up. Go ahead check the checkbox, and click OK.
- Congratulations! You are now connected to
the FTP server.
You may now drag & drop files in/out of the server. You can either use the
file browser within FileZilla (left-hand side) or you can drag files
directly from another folder (or your desktop) into the FTP server folder